Prof. Dr. Andreas Fürst (EN)
Phone: +49 911/5302-95214
- Digital Marketing & Sales
- Customer Insights & Analytics
- Customer relationship management
- Sales Management
- Product Management
- Service Marketing
Prof. Dr. Fürst studied business administration at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, the KU Eichstätt-Ingolstadt, the University of California at Los Angeles (USA) and the Udayana University of Denpasar (Indonesia). He then moved to the University of Mannheim as a research assistant. At the Chair of Marketing of Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Christian Homburg’s Chair of Marketing, he completed his doctorate in 2005 and habilitated in 2009.
His research interests include customer relationship, sales and product management as well as consumer behavior and services marketing. He is the author of numerous articles in leading international journals (e.g., Journal of Marketing, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Journal of Retailing).
Prof. Fürst is a member of renowned scientific associations from Germany and the USA (including the American Marketing Association) and acts as a reviewer for international journals and companies. Before his academic career, he worked for Homburg & Partner, an international marketing and sales consultancy, as well as for TUI, Roland Berger & Partner, Springer & Jacoby, TMP Worldwide and AEG. Today, he supports companies in the context of consulting and research projects as well as in the areas of recruiting and training.
- since 2009: Professor and Chairholder, Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair of Marketing
- since 2009: President of the German Marketing Excellence Network e.V., Network of marketing practitioners dedicated to trends, best practices, and success factors in marketing
- 2007-2009: Habilitation and venia legendi, University of Mannhaeim, Habilitation thesis: „An Integrative Perspective on Product Management_ Building the Bridge between Company and Customer Perspective“, Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Christian Homburg
- 2001-2005: Doctorate, University of Mannheim- Dissertation: „Complaint Management: Design and Effects on Success“, Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Christian Homburg
- 1995-2001: Studies of Business Administration, Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Catholic University Eichstätt-Ingolstadt, Udayana University of Denpasar, Indonesia, University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA), USA